FUTURE PLANS OF THIS INSTITUTE
- To Start New Programmes: Considering the demand and the growth of technical education in this region, this institute has planned to start few UG programme and at least one PG programme in each department in near future say within 1- 2 years. In addition, this institute has planned to start post graduate diploma/certificate courses under autonomy. NMU, Jalgaon had already recognized some of the laboratories as research laboratories and hence this institute will also start research programmes.
- To Establish Central Instrumentation Facility: At present, industrial growth is satisfactory in the North Maharashtra region and in future it will be accelerated. Therefore, there is considerable scope for testing and consultancy to the nearby industries. Therefore, it is planned to establish central instrumentation facility with all latest and hi-tech equipment to fulfill the requirement of nearby industries in respect of testing, calibration, consultancy, research, etc.
- Enhance Girls’ Hostel Capacity: This institute has one girls’ hostel with 106 intake capacity. Female students from all over Maharashtra are taking admission to this institute as it is an autonomous institute and all admissions are offered on state level merit number. Therefore, there is huge demand for girls’ hostel. At present State Government had accorded approval for the construction of girls’ hostel for minority girls students with 100 intake capacity. Civil work of this hostel is nearly completed and it will be handed over by PWD to this institute in near future. In addition, this institute has planned to build one more story having girls capacity of 76 so that existing girls capacity will become 180.
- Construction of New Academic Building: Existing academic and administrative building admeasuring 9300 square meter and it is just sufficient for six UG and one PG programme. As stated earlier, this institute has future plans to start new UG / PG programme, post graduate courses under autonomy and research programmes, additional space will be required for the expansion of the institute. Therefore, it is planned to build additional one academic and administrative building.
- Construction of Auditorium for 1000 Students Capacity: At present, this institute has only one small auditorium of capacity around 275 audiences. Considering the present/future intake of this institute, it is essential to build a big auditorium. Therefore, this institute has planned to construct the big auditorium of capacity around 1000 students.
- New Canteen Building: At present canteen area is small though a large open space is available for use adjoining to canteen. To enrich canteen facility to students for 24 hours, it is planned to construct new canteen building in the open space available.
- To Start ATM Center: To fulfill the cash withdrawal requirement of students at the door steps, institute has initiated the process of constructing ATM. In this regard, discussion with 2-3 banks is initiated.
- To Improve In-campus Placement: In campus placement scenario of this institute is neither so good nor bad. But it needs to be improved. Institute is striving hard to improve in campus placement by providing various types of soft skill and other technical training to students start from second year. Institute has planned to get accredited by some of the reputed industries so that there will be regular campus placement drive from these companies. In addition’ it is planned to establish entrepreneurship development cell to inculcate the entrepreneurial skills among students community.
- To Establish the Board of Society: As per the State Government guidelines, it is essential to all State Government autonomous institutes to establish Board of Societies. Accordingly, State Government has already initiated the process.